Ideas For Making Your House A Home
You may have heard that your home is where the heart is. At Show Home Style we love our homes and really take great pride in how they’re presented to our friends and family.
My team and I only want the best for our homes and are dedicated to bringing you lots of tips, advice and ideas for making your house a home. It’s our #1 goal to help our readers create amazing places to live.
We’re going to share with you design ideas and practical suggestions to make your rooms pop with texture and color.
We’ll also share our best product recommendations for your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, garden and everywhere else around your home that we’ve spent hours thoroughly researching and reviewing.
Designing Your Dream Kitchen
Your Kitchen is the heart of your home. It’s usually the first place your friends or family gather when they come over for a coffee and chat.
A beautifully decorated kitchen can also improve the overall value of your home if you ever want to sell it.
I’ve got lots of kitchen ideas and tips to share with you, from choosing the best appliances such as juicers, coffee makers, food processors and microwaves, to finding the best furniture and lighting for creating the perfect mood on cosy dinner nights with family and friends.
For example you may be looking for a guide on troubleshooting your LG MEZ64589015 dishwasher with Smart Diagnosis.
Checkout these other articles below which can help you with your kitchen appliances.
- 5 Little Known Space Saving Appliances For Your Home That Are So Cool
- 52 White Kitchen Design Ideas That You’ll Really Love!
- Discover Our Best Rated Hands Free Can Opener From Black & Decker
- Can You Make Smoothies In A Food Processor? Simple How-To Guide
- How Long Does It Take For A Refrigerator To Get Cold?
- How Much Does a Refrigerator Weigh? Discover if Your Fridge is Heavy!
- Can A Crock Pot Go In The Oven? Discover How To Cook Slowly At Home
- Are Calphalon Pans Oven Safe? Discover How To Tell If They Are!
- Do You Put Water In A Crock Pot or Dutch Oven For Slow Cooking?
- Can An Instant Pot Explode? Are They Really Safe? Let’s Find Out!
- Can You Use A Blender As A Food Processor? Find Out How!
- Does Unplugging The Refrigerator Damage It? Find Out Before You Do!
Keeping Your Home Clean & Tidy
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “A Clean Home Is A Happy Home!” It’s true, when you take care and pay attention to keeping everything looking clean and fresh, you feel better about where you live.
Apart from my passion for interior design I also love gadgets. I especially love the kind of gadgets you can use for keeping your humble abode nice and clean.
Some of these include powerful vacuum cleaners, air purifiers & conditioners, and steam mops.
Over the years I’ve also picked up some great tips for organic cleaning. You don’t always have to use cleaning products with harsh or dangerous chemicals in them.
You can get most things clean with good old baking soda and white vinegar. For example a Gel Ink pen stain can be removed from clothing with these ingredients.
Oddly, I was asked once by a friend, does mothballs keep spiders away? And my reply was, yes they do! In fact if you really don’t like the eight legged pests, you can get a much more effect solution in the form of a bug spray.
- Revealed: Top 4 DIY Methods For Cleaning Carpet And Removing Stains
- How To Get Flarp Out Of Carpet (Easy Step-By-Step Guide For Fast Removal)
- How To Clean A Vornado Fan With Vintage Style Blades & Motor
- Are You Allergic To Laundry Detergent? Cure Your Symptoms Fast!
- Easy 5 Step Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution With Hydrogen Peroxide
- Discover 8 Toxic Chemicals Hiding In Your Household Cleaning Products
- How To Get Body Odor Out Of Clothing | Remove Smells Quickly & Easily
Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
The easiest way to keep your home or car clean and tidy is with a good vacuum cleaner. I’ve reviewed the best ones for you by researching over 100 different models from the top brands across the world.
It’s probably no surprize that Shark and Dyson are among are best vacuum cleaner brands, closely followed by Oreck, Hoover and Black & Decker.
- Review: 5 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners For Cars 2020 Mini Guide
- Discover Why The Hoover WindTunnel Is The Best Self Propelled Vacuum
- Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner Reviews 2020 | Upright & Canister
- Reviewed: Top 5 Lightweight Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaners 2020
- Best Backpack Vacuum Cleaner 2020 | Lightweight Over Your Shoulder
- Best Canister Vacuum 2020 Review | Pet Hair, Hardwood Floors & Carpet
- Shark NV105 Vs NV106 | Which Navigator Light Upright Vacuum Is Best?
- 8 Different Types of Vacuum Cleaners (Ultimate Buying Guide 2020)
- How To Take Apart Shark’s Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Cleaner
Show Home Style Furniture
Bedroom Ideas For Better Sleeping
You spend a third of your life in bed so it’s pays dividends to invest in a high quality bed and mattress. Your bedroom is the place you go to relax and unwind after a long day.
It should have a cosy, warm feel and be calming and peaceful enough for you to rest in complete comfort.
Enjoying Clean Air Around Your Living Space
The quality of the air you breathe is really important to your health. This is especially true if you’re an allergy sufferer or you share your space with a pet or smoker.
You can easily improve the air quality around your entire home by just making a few small changes to your living arrangements.
Indoor plants are great for recycling your air, while an air purifier is even better.
One of the easiest changes to make to your current lifestyle, if you haven’t already, is too use a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filtration. Nearly all modern vacs are HEPA friendly.
Looking After Pets At Home
Lots of people share their homes with pets. Your cat or dog can really brighten up your home-life, but cleaning up after them can be time consuming.
One of the hardest areas to keep clean are your floors, especially if you have carpet. Here’s some of my top tips for cleaning up after your pets.
- Reviewed: Best Vacuum For Cat Litter & Picking Up Kitty Hair 2020
- How To Get Rid Of Cat Hair | All The Tips & Tricks You Need To Know
- How To Remove Dog Hair From Your Car Quickly Using 5 Simple Steps
Create The Perfect Lighting
Good lighting around your living areas is really important for your health and well-being. Did you know that you can change the whole atmosphere of a room just by changing the lighting?
A good table lamp can allow you to read your favorite books in comfort or let you surf the web on your laptop without straining your eyes.
Alternatively a nice chandelier sparkling brilliantly above your dining table can really add some extra pizzazz to your dinner parties or other special evening entertainment you’ve planned for your guests.
Show Home Style Garden & Outdoors
Part of every beautiful dwelling place includes lush green gardens and paved outdoor areas. If you’re really lucky, you’ll be the proud owner of a swimming pool as well.
All these luxurious areas on the outside of your house need maintained just like the rest of your home.
Luckily I’ve compiled a list of great value lawn and yard tools that will help you maintain the opulent areas around your outdoor space.
- Reviewed: Top 5 Above Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaners 2020
- Buyer’s Guide: How To Choose The Best Lawn Mower For Your Garden
- How to Get Rid of Moss on Concrete Naturally or With Strong Chemicals
- Discover How To Control Ants in Your House and Garden Naturally
Smart Home Ideas & Security Solutions
Most modern homes make use of at least one or two smart devices to make living more efficient and comfortable. Personally I love gadgets so I’ve got smart devices everywhere in my house.
My heating is controlled from an app on my smart phone and I can also turn my lights on and off remotely using a similar app.
I even have a hi-tech wireless CCTV system that works over WiFi and allows me to monitor what’s going on around my property when I’m not there.
Enjoy complete peace of mind when you’re out of town.
- Use Smart Home Automation And Enjoy Taking Control of Your House
- Discover Our Top Tips For Keeping Your Home & Valuables Secure
Home Improvement & DIY
Over the years your home is constantly evolving. You might paint your hallway, renovate your bathroom or redesign your living room. I’ve personally been through two kitchens so far!
Everyone loves having the latest styles and fashions around their homes. You don’t always need to get the professionals in to do the work though. I actually prefer a bit of DIY!
Whatever home improvement or DIY plans you’re currently making, here are some of my best tips, advice and product reviews to help you make your house even more special.
- Space Saving Compact Toilet Design Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- 5 Tips And Ideas For Creating The Perfect Urban Chic Style Living Room
- What’s The Best Way To Seal A Leak On A Threaded Pipe? | Video How-to
Steam Cleaner Reviews
Make you cleaning chores easier with a high quality steam cleaner. They use a burst of hot steam to remove dirt and germs with little effort.
You can use your steam cleaner on shower enclosures, tiles, grout and tiles, etc.
They are great for allergy sufferers because they kill dust mites and other microscopic bugs and bacteria.
Taking Care Of Hard Floors
Some vacuums are better at cleaning hard floors than others. If you have a wooden or laminate floor, you don’t want a cleaner with an aggressive brush bar which may scratch the finished surface.
At the very least you want to buy a vacuum cleaner that allows you to turn off the brush bar. The best solution is to choose a model such as the Shark DuoClean or the Dyson V6 fluffy that has a soft roller for hard floors.
Here are some articles and reviews that will help you find the best solutions for your hard floor cleaning.